Friday, July 10, 2009

Audio Podcast

This had to be a challenging one for me.

I started with downloading Wavepad to my laptop, but then could not get the microphone to work on the laptop....Grrrrr.

So then I went to Gcast which "Says" that you can do a podcast by phone, but when you get there, it then says you have to do a years subscription for 99$.....NOT!

So I ended up with evoca and loved it! It was very easy! Quick setup and not to big of a problem, rather easy to navigate my way around.

The only problem I had was that when I called the New York number it did not recognize my account. Multiple times......Grrrr again as it is 12:48 AM and I get on a plane at 6:00 AM. So no sleep for me tonight.

ZZZZzzzzzz all the way acrost the country!!! This shall be a nice flight for me!

OK back to Podcasts! I did a little get to know my podcast message, and can see where this might be useful!

I am going to explore in my mind a few ways to possibly use this application in my new class I am putting together, Business 101. This class is a focus on creating your own business. How to create a business plan and all the pertinate information someone needs in order to accomplish this task. We work with SCORE to put it all together and I am looking forward to supplimenting the learning the students will be doing with some introduction to technology that might come in useful in their journey as a business owner.

If anyone has any ideas on some fantastic ways to use podcasting and some topics that might be covered in this please do not hesitate to share with me, I would appreciate it greatly!

The other place I can see this helping is with a student who struggles with literacy, especially in the reading area. Someone could read the writen material and post in a podcast so that someone could listen to the material and follow along in their book rather than having to scan and use a computer to read the text to them.

I am going to investigate how long podcasts can be, that might be the only downfall when reading an entire chapter to someone.

OK, Happy podcasting everyone I look forward to checking in on everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment