I have to say, I was excited about this class. I also think it went very well. I had been involved in a few online conferences already, but had not been on the end of setting one up.
SOOOOO I set it up. I wasn't not that hard to set up with Microsoft for their online conferencing tool. I say I spent about 20-max 30 minutes getting set up.
Then I just invited a co-worker to try this with me. I was relatively easy and we both could see where this could come in very handy. He just spent the week traveling around the state working with other locals and thier JATC's. He was very interested in the fact that he could most likely do the same thing online without having to leave his office.
We don't think everyone is ready for this, but we can both see its advantages when the meeting in on something relatively simple and the online feature can add a little bit more of a personal touch than just a text, email or phone call.
I would like to use this feature with parents of my high school students also. I can see where some of them would be interested in doing this online perhaps at a lunch break rather than having to drive in for a face to face meeting. Especially if it is a simple routine matter and not something of great urgency that would necessitate them coming in. I am hoping that by putting some of this communication in place this next year, it will help hold my students accountable.
As for the apprentices. I think this would be a great way to set up office hours or an extra meeting night a week rather than having to come in to the school. Our International Training Institute has just developed a curriculum that can be used for distance learning. (Yes they are behind the times for online classes) I think the video conferencing could be a wonderful addition to this aspect of learning.
I look forward to reading everyone elses posts!
And please let me hear what you think about the ideas I have posted for how to use it!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Which web conferencing tool did you use?
ReplyDelete